Sometimes we'd love to make a treat with our own hands to show the love we have for our pets. But there may never seem to be enough time as the usual recipes we see may be a little too time consuming. Never fear! We have found a simple recipe that not only you'll love, but your dog will love too.
This recipe was seen at that dog dancing guy's blog. We tried it. We loved it. We couldn't keep it to ourselves :)
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of sweet potato, diced
- 2 generous tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Chop the carrot and sweet potato into cubes and place on the boil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, egg and peanut butter
- Once the sweet potato and carrot are soft, take them off the boil and drain the water out. With a potato masher (or a fork) mash them to whatever consistency you like
- Add this to the mixing bowl and then combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, you may need to get your hands dirty at this point to combine it all into a ball
- Roll out the dough mix between two sheets of baking paper to your desired thickness, make sure you sprinkle a little extra flour to stop it sticking
- Get your cookie cutters out and cut out the shapes, placing them on a lined baking tray
- Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes until they get a nice brown colour
- Wait for them to cool a little before they're ready to eat, and there you go!
It's recommended that you keep these in the fridge.
Did you make a batch? What are your favourite homemade treat recipes?
Let us know on our Facebook Page!